Monday, September 19, 2011

Gay by choice!!

Ok...I just had to share this.....

Stepping back in time..... 

I like to keep pictures on my desk at work. They have good memories and make me smile...plus they are good for 'conversation starters' when people are at my desk. My current picture is a rather funny one of me and the last couple that I married. Here is the picture...just so you can feel like your part of the story :)



The Beginning...

Our 'bug' man came in for our monthly service and was at my desk to have me sign the invoice. He asked where my last picture was (I had a picture of me & Randy Coutoure...guess he is a fan of Randy) & I told him it was replaced with the current wedding one. He then asked if it was someone special. I said no, it was just a fun picture from the last wedding I did. He looked confused, so I told him I was the minister. He was quiet shocked...but then, everyone always is when they find out! Its been 2 years and I think my close friends are finally getting used to the fact. lol 


The Question...

After a minute of discussion and proving that yes...I was truly a minister....he then proceeds to ask me a very 'strange' question. He says...'Do you .....uhh... do....girl on girl?' Really?!? What the heck kind of question is that?! So I said I would if it came about. He then goes into telling me how its weird and how 'he' likes the feel of a soft, warm body with curves and how big hairy men must drink Pepto-Bismol every day. I really can't believe he is telling me this stuff. (You have to know me personally to understand though...I don't show anger...I don't judge people...I'm a good listener...so yes, we just talked.) He then goes into telling me how being gay is a 'choice'...just like murderers or bank robbers, they all have 'choices' to make. 

He also tells me how he has 4 brothers that are all in and out of jail...and that HE chose to do something with his life. Wow...is this good or what?!
Ok...so after he shares all this very personal stuff with me..and realizing that I haven't changed my mind...he leaves. Kind of funny...cause it was almost abrupt. 


Conclusion..final thoughts....


So...if 'gay' people, murderers and bank robbers etc are all that way by 'choice'....isn't being 'judgemental' also a choice? 


Hmmm...I wonder if I should ask him that next month....





every day.

3 comments:

  1. I think he needs to take a diversity class!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel - if you wanna keep this blog friendly - you do NOT want to know how I would have responded to this idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lonelle - not sure that would help lol
    Laurie - yeah...I knew you would like this guy!

    ReplyDelete