Wednesday, September 28, 2011

After A While - Poem

  I rise every morning somewhere between the crack-o-dawn and OMG early. 
At least, that's what my friends & family think lol 
(Is 5 am really that early?)
I read my paper religiously with my 1st cup of coffee.



 (Photo of my sunrise coffee on my last cruise.)
 
After wards...with my 2nd cup of coffee in hand...
I stumble down the dark hallway towards the office.

As I read Annie's Mailbox this am....
someone requested that they re-post a poem..
and I guess it kind of hit home.


I think the older we get...the more we can relate to others 'words'.



When a song or poetry is written, it was because someone 'felt' those words.
And some day...
we may be able to relate to them.
 
I guess I am 'relating' to this poem...and now I want to share it with others....
So here it is....
 
*-*-*-*

After a While
By Veronica Shoffstall 
 

After a while you learn the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and
company doesn't mean security,
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats with your head
up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult,
not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if
you get too much.
So plant your own garden and decorate your own
soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring your
flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure...
That you really are strong,
And you really do have worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment