Saturday, September 24, 2011

Who in the world pays $1600 for a hair cut?!

 Let's step back a bit 1st...and tell you how this haircut came about....


Last year, I got a call from the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association).
They informed me that 'someone' had 'turned me in'
(ME?! Sweet little old me! Do you belive that?!)
and told me that I was going to be LOCKED UP!
 Some friend eh? lol


 MDA gave me the whole spiel...what they were about, etc.
My bail was now set at $1600 (ANY money would help them though).
$1600 is a lot of money to raise....but the gauntlet was thrown...and by damned, I was in!
Economy sucks...no one has a lot to donate...but that wasn't going to stop me!
Especially when as a bonus...I was going to get a free lunch. .
 at a great little restaurant in Riverside called Sevilla's! Mmmm.

You also get 'arrested' and given a ride to lunch.....
Look close...there ARE handcuffs!

Meet Matt & Matt...my arresting officers!
(All rides were volunteer off duty firemen/policemen etc)
The cutie on my left side is my daughter. :D

~*~ Here's how I wrangled up that Bail Money! ~*~

In addition to asking family, friends and co-workers..I thought I would try another way.

I hang out at this little waterin' hole called the Brandin Iron in San Bernardino.
After many years there...you tend to get to know people.
It's a great place to just 'chill' and sometimes...its a great place when you need 'help'.

I found me a big ole 5 gallon water jug, decorated it, and started walking around the bar.
I got Dave (the greatest DJ) to make announcements to help out.
My daughter even got the jug and danced up on the DJ booth for this 'cause'!
I have a friend who kind of helped to . . 'fuel the fire'.
He said there was NO WAY! I was going to raise $1600 in one weekend!!
If I raised that kind of money...he would shave his head!!
::wicked grin::

I LOVE the world of internet..and facebook..and cell phones!
I put the word out that ..
JIMMY HOPPA of K-Frog 
was willing to shave his head if I raised the money.

Oh...the money started coming in...and by a hair (<--I made a punny)...
we collected the full amount by the end of the weekend!

Bill, the owner of the bar, even gave us a check to help out!



So the next weekend...we got poor Jimmy up on stage for all the world to see..
Here he is....live in person! 
Ohhh...and you have to know...Jimmy LOVES his hair!!

[If you would like to see more clips of Jimmy's hair cut...
go to my YouTube account
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mrscrittersitter&aq=f
Don't let all the other videos scare you! lol] 

OK, OK...
  Jimmy 'loved' his hair... last year.
But he's gotten used to it short...and keeps it that way now.


Lunch was great!
The people were great! 
I even got this great little 'thank you' gift that I always have on display....
Let's not forget . . I was 'picked up' for lunch..
So I had to get a ride home too..right??

Not only did I get a 'lift' in the vehicle...but I got a 'lift' when I got home too!
Meet Steve...what a good sport! 

I would like to thank my daughter & husband for their constant support..
Along with Bill (owner of the Brandin Iron).. for allowing us his bar as our work/play ground.
All the wonderful staff there.
My friends who supported and helped with the donations.

And an extra special hug to my boys 
(Scott, David & hubby Mitch)
for sporting these great tanks and dancing on stage while Jimmy was getting his $1600 hair cut!

And a really big THANK YOU to Jimmy for giving me that push and giving up his beautiful head of hair...
Love you Jimmy! :D

2 comments: