Sunday, October 9, 2011

Target Trash Bag Babies.

What's a Target Trash Bag Baby?

Well, I'm happy to share the story.

I have a client who called one day to ask me how to care for kittens.
Her and her son had been shopping on a warm day at Target
(over off Arlington)
and her son heard a noise in the bushes.
 
They went over to investigate and found 3 little baby kittens 
(about 3 weeks old)
wrapped up in a plastic bag. 
The bag was all sweaty from the heat.

(I won't say how I feel about the person who could do a thing like that..
it may end up taking up this whole blog...and that's not where I want to go.)

Anyway...I told her how to take care of them.

After a week...she contacted me again
and said she couldn't handle all 3.
It was too much work  with her kids and schedule etc. 
I told her I would take one...to try to help her out.

She sent me a pic and I told her which one I wanted..
well that happened to be the one she wanted!
 
Ok...onto the next one.
 
As I was getting ready to reply...
my husband came in and looked at the pic
(he knew what was going on)
and pointed to the last one and said to take that one.
Oh no!
Ok..I told her we would take the 2.
 
Mind you....I was only taking them to wean them,
box train them and find them homes! That's it!

So...we inherited 2 of the 3 babies.
 
Here they are when they were about 4 weeks. Sept 2008.
For the 1st couple of weeks...we had to keep them locked up in another room.
 
The lady we picked them up from said one was sick and she took them to the vet.
They were all 'medicated' and we quarantined them to make sure the other 
pets in the house didn't contact anything.
 
Ohhhh....but that drove my dog (Donatello)  up a wall!
 
He knew there was something in the room...
and my daughter and I were in there several times a day for feeding, play etc.
He would be outside the door sniffing and whining.
 

*-*-*
We introduced them to their 1st food...which was very entertaining.
They walked in it, sat in it, and made a general mess 
(hence the newspaper)

When they were done...they very ungracefully attempted to balance
on 3 legs while washing their faces.

(I have a video of them cleaning up..not to mention many other fun
videos of them and miscellaneous stuff on YouTube if you wish to check it out.
Go to Youtube and enter MrsCritterSitter)


There were mixed feelings when they were introduced to the other members of the household.
There was much excitement with Donatello and much anger with Mr P.
(Videos of the meetings on my Youtube account.)
 
But everyone lives in peace now...for the most part! ;)
 
Play time is always so entertaining.
Here are a few of pictures of them playing with each other.
 
September 2008

My husband has big hands anyway..but look how small they were.

 October 2008
Book Ends!
This is one of my favorite pics of them playing when younger.
 
January 2009


July 2009
 They were always chasing each other around anything and everything in the house!
They still do...but not as much.
 
*-*-*
If they weren't playing with each other...they were finding something to play with.
 
September 2008
I made them this cheap, temporary, play house.
(I work at a furniture distribution center...I always have scraps!)
 
October 2008

Chairs are always fun!
 
December 2008
Cat's love box's. 
So I saved a bunch at work and made a cat condo.
It was good for a few months.
 
January 2009
Another favorite? 
Paper bags!
 
Well...technically...ANY bag will do with these 2.
 
Which I find amazing considering their start in life
(trash bag?)
Here are some more 'bags' they like...
 
February 2009

 January 2010
TP Bags..
 
December  2008

Blanket bags.
 
Hellga is usually a take it or leave it with bags..
But Shamus is a bag 'addict' lol
Mind you...these are NEVER left unsupervised.
We wouldn't want anything to happen to them while we are not around.
Parental Guidance IS advised! :D
 
Numerous cat toys make their way in and out of the house.
From trees to towers.
Of course...all their favorites always managed to get destroyed quickly!
Here are a couple...
 
December 2008
 A catnip laced cat tower (haha kitty drugs!)

March 2009
 Investigating their new toy...

April 2009
It was expanded.
 
Today..it has been fixed, re-fixed, readjusted..
and is now back to a single tower and a little box lol

The holidays (or birthdays) are always fun.

May 2009
Tissue paper!
 
Speaking of cat nip laced items...
How about those little toys?
 
November 2010
Look close...you will see a mouse in the upper right corner.

*-*-*
Toys aren't the only source of enjoyment . .

They also love laundry and vacations!


August 2009
 Freshly folded is great....

August 2010
But straight from the dryer is the best!

Packing for vacations always ensures curiosity...
with each and every item!
 
Usually they find the suitcases and box's are the most fun.
 
January 2009
We will make sure you take lots of our fur with you.

*-*-*

When they aren't playing and/or getting into stuff...they are just chillin and hanging out.

Here are a few of my favorites.

October 2008
 December 2008
 January 2009
 March 2009
 July 2009
 July 2009
 I love you man!
August 2009
I love you too man!

Unfortunately...as time goes on...kids grow up and become more independent.

They don't spend as much time sleeping 'together' now...
but will still tolerate occasionally closeness...
 
February 2009
 March 2009
 October 2011
This is Hellga's favorite am spot these days.
 
Shamus spends a lot of time on his 'jean bed' under the dining room table.
At least the seat cushions aren't as hairy now! :D

I'll probably do an individual blog for each one because they have
grown and changed into their own characters. 
 
*-*-*

Its been 3 years now since we brought them home to care for them.
As you can tell...they aren't being adopted out...
they are home for life!
 
We love these 2!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this makes me smile.They're the BEST of friends..we're thinking of adopting a new friend for Miles..my boyfriends cat..ill show him this..yea,..that'll do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy of anonymous...not knowing who it is lol
    These 2 are litter mates..which is why they are so close. But they aren't as close now.. 'sibling rivalry' and all!
    Be careful bringing a new cat into an established cats home...sometimes it doesn't work too well. Good luck! And thanks for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we brought Norris home, Fluffy was all kinds of pissed. But he has always accepted other cats fairly well - - - it's when we bring home puppies that Fluffy gets horribly pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny. Don't piss off fluffy! :)

    ReplyDelete