Saturday, October 8, 2011

A.D.D. - but we call him Donatello.


We had a neighbor who had a soft spot for dogs.
They would find strays and take them in.
As long as they were all 'ok' with each other,
they usually stayed ...
but most of the time..they managed to find homes for them.

*-*-*
I believe they were up to 5 large dogs 
when my husband came home and told me that they had yet 'another' new dog.
What? Ok...I had to go harass them haha.

Iwent over and Jeff was in the front yard
with a little white thing on a leash zipping around his legs.

My goodness, that thing was full of energy!

I asked him about the dog and he said his wife had
found it running close to the street in front of the post office.

They didn't 'want' another dog . . so if I knew anyone . .please help!

*-*-*
I knew someone who had recently said they were looking for a small dog.
They were living in their 'parents' place (not with them, just their extra home)
but they were not 'technically' supposed to have any dogs (parents rules.)

I took this puppy over and we all had a good play date.
But of course...she called her parents and they said no.
Ok...back to the house we go! 


Here is the little bugger sitting in my truck on the way home that day....
That was April 29, 2006.


Look at that face!
And he loves going for a rides.

Naturally . . by the time I had taken him over to her house and brought him back home...
I had fallen in love.
I told the neighbors I would take him..on a trial run.

That little Jack Russel wanna be wrapped himself around my finger!

*-*-*
It was time to come up with a name.

As I said earlier...he was full of piss and vinegar.
It was like he had ADD. One minute he would be sitting there looking cute..
the next thing you know there is a white blur running around!

Here is a video of him playing ball :D

Ok..so what the ball was a little bigger than him lol

*-*-*
I looked and searched forever to find him a name.
(I don't think I've ever taken so long to find a name for a pet lol)

I decided he needed a name with the initials a.d.d.
and his name needed to be Italian.
(My maternal grandmothers family is from Italy.)

Eventually, I came up with the following..

Anastagio D. Donatello 
(had to throw in initial to make it complete.)
It's supposed to mean 'Divine Gift' in Italian...and that he was.
We call him Donatello.

He has brought our family much enjoyment!



Most people who come over fall in love with him.

He's small...with 'almost' manners lol
But he has the biggest heart . . and loves everyone that walks through the door!

*-*-*
These days...the A.D.D. in him has slowed down.

He is more of a chubby little house dog now.
But he still loves to play, go for walks . .
and jumps up excitedly to greet every person that walks in the door.

This is mostly what we see now . . .




He has been a great source of joy in our house.

He has gotten along with every animal and person that has come into our house . . .
& never gives us any grief!

Well...except when he gets into the trash or cat box! lol


2 comments:

  1. RIP. You were a great dog!
    Dec 19, 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello..I no longer have access to this blog…but I now have an IG & small YouTube channel if you are interested. YT Gunn's Homestead & IG @gunns.homestead

    ReplyDelete