Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our cat Mr P & Holly the Shepherd.

Animal's have always, 
and will always be, 
a part of our family.

I've had animals as long as I can remember . .
and can not imagine my life without them!
Even when they are naughty and I get mad at them. haha

I'm sure I will share some 'past' pets too..
but right now, just the ones who currently live with us.

*-*-*
We shall start with Mr P.
Yup...Mr P..
Mr Pathetic, Mr Personality, Mr Puff ball, Mr Psycho...
He fits them all! lol


When we lived at our old house,
my daughter had an outdoor cat ...
and he just disappeared one day. :(

As luck would have it,
shortly after her cat went MIA...
a co-worker asked if I wanted a cat.
Something about his Mother In Law 
having a kitten that she couldn't keep.
It was young and friendly and already had its shots.

So in 2001....I brought my daughter home a kitty ...

This is Mr P when he was younger..

(Sorry about the quality. Some pics won't be so 'clean and sharp'
because they were before our digital days and I'm
using my phone to take pics of pics!)

He has always been the playful type...
and for some reason...
loves balloons! 
(Which is what he was playing with here).

And here is a more recent picture of Mr P.

This was taken January, 2011.

When your 56 years old (that's 10 in cat years).
Your entitled to sit and relax in front of the fire! 

He has become more 'cranky' in his older days...
Walks around and says 'Ow' a lot 
in his old man voice. 

But he is still a young playful cat.

He will still chase things that move 
and still 'beg' for treats!
I'm sure he has many more years left with us!

 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Let's introduce you to our next 'senior'.

Holly Von Giessen!

Whelped 3/6/01
Parents: Karlo Von der Mausespitz & Sheba Phylray Nikki.
I kid you not!
I am staring at her Pedigree as I type! lol

Here is a site to her dad's pedigree Karlo Von Der Mausespitz.

*-*-*
Mitch told me that he had always wanted a German Shepherd.
So one day, I picked up the paper and started browsing.

Hmm...there was a 'free' Pure breed German Shepherd...
About 1 year old.
Came with everything.
Kennel, bowls, leashes, and even some formal training.

NO WAY!
Must be something wrong..or a typo...or something.
So I called and arranged a meeting with them that day.

No lie...free pure breed dog . . even came with papers!
They were moving and couldn't take their dogs with them. 
I decided I would take her and give her to Mitch as a surprise.

It broke my heart leaving....
Michael started to tear up and immediately turned around
and stormed into the house.
His wife apologized and explained  that
Holly was his baby.

So...Mitch had a new puppy and we had a new family member.
*-*-*
Holly's a funny thing . .


She sleeps in her kennel in the garage at night..
and when Mitch goes to put her to bed...

 Mr P will strut right up to Holly and stare her down.

Mr P rules the roost! 
And she does nothing haha

We also believe she is part 'chicken' because ANY loud noises
send her running for cover.
Fireworks, thunder, cars backfiring...etc.

She will dig, chew and try her best to escape.
We usually manage to get her in on time...
but there have been a few times she managed to get free.

We were at work one day when we had a call from a neighbor...
It went something like this...

"Hi. I think your dog is in our house. 
She's hiding behind the toilet and we can't get her to come out."

There was another thunder storm where we had her in the garage
and we heard these crazy noises and went out to investigate.

Here is what we found!
We still laugh to this day.
She had somehow climbed up into the utility sink!

We pulled her out...
and proceeded to block the sink off
with the lawnmower, cage and other various items.

A few minutes later....we heard more wild noise and went to investigate....

Here she is...yet again! lol
Crazy girl :)

Other then being a scaredy cat . . .
she is about the sweetest shepherd you will meet.

The biggest fear we have is her 'over enthusiasm' at meeting people.
She will jump on you and beat you black and blue with her tail.

She is currently '82' years old . .  in human years.

But I swear she acts like shes 2!!
She still jumps and wags her tail like mad,
and will chase a ball and gallop around the yard for hours.

She's a sweet gal and I'm sure we will have a few more good years with her.









6 comments:

  1. You're only gonna do one animal at a time? like do i get to hear about chet tomorrow?? :) Rox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Rox....Limited time means limited posts. I'm going through the list from the 1st one in the house to the last...and as you know. Chet was our last adoption :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know her & yet I LOVE HER!!!
    Holly Von G sounds like such a sweetheart.
    I was cracking up at her scrambling up onto the counter & sink. Thanks for adding photos. :)
    -BM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. She is a sweety. It's amazing the things she does to escape loud noises...most especially thunder and fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP Mr P. Survived a move from Ca to Co & was a good boy. Aug 21, 2015

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello..I no longer have access to this blog…but I now have an IG & small YouTube channel if you are interested. YT Gunn's Homestead & IG @gunns.homestead

    ReplyDelete