Saturday, October 29, 2011

Alicia's first 'formal' dinner at home.

My daughter got a wild hair and decided she wanted to have a 
'girls formal' dinner at home.

She wanted the company of some good friends and
an excuse to dust off those dresses hanging in the closet!


I told her to go for it...and go for it she did!

Alicia and her co-host, Brittany, planned well ahead of time.

They got invitations, addressed them and mailed them off.


There would be total of 6 for dinner.
 ~*~*~
After looking through a ton of cook books, they planned their menu.
They even did the grocery shopping.

On Thursday, the girls started 'pre' prepping everything.

They were in there for hours . .
and the house smelled wonderful!

 ~*~*~*
Friday..Alicia made sure the house was tidy and set a beautiful table for dinner..
(I inherited my moms China and Crystal 
and it was nice to see it get used for another occasion.)

Alicia  & Brittany...our Hostess and co-host!
(Brittany is on the left)

The h'ordeves were French Bread with home made Spinach Dip.
(One of the guests also brought cheese, meat & crackers)
Yes...that's a Halloween tray with a spider :D
(It IS only 3 days till Halloween.)

 ~*~*~
The Beverage with dinner was a favorite of all...Martinelli's!

Love the little individual bottles!!

Next came the soup and bread.

We had Lentil Bean Soup and Rosemary Focaccia Bread with Oil and Vinegar to dip.
(I neglected to get a picture of the bread...
I think perhaps because I was too busy eating it!)

Next came the Breaded Chicken, Sweet Potato Gnocchi and Green Beans.
Yes..its small portions....but only cause its MY plate lol
As the hubby likes to say..I eat like a bird.

~*~*~
We sat and chatted with our full bellies for a little while before attacking dessert.

Oh..but what a delicious dessert it was!

Home made Apple Cobbler with Ice Cream 
 and hot Apple Cider!

This was all enjoyed by .... candle light. 

I'm sure I can speak for all the guests when I say...

It was a fun and wonderful night!





Thank you Alicia & Brittany!

1 comment:

  1. Hello..I no longer have access to this blog…but I now have an IG & small YouTube channel if you are interested. YT Gunn's Homestead & IG @gunns.homestead

    ReplyDelete